Thursday, November 02, 2006

Week of 10/30

A. I've finished two articles: one on the new dress code policy for Bay District Schools and another on classroom blogging. This week I posted my third entry on my News Herald blog about how hard it is financially to be a senior. The first one was about the dress code and my second entry was about the Rutherford Homecoming. I am also starting another project this week. I am writing an article about the on-going debate on the open-campus/closed-campus issue. I found a lot of stories in the News Herald archives and will also be talking to students and teachers about what they feel should be done about the lunch policy. The newsroom is light as always but they all are always working on something. Here they can take their lunch break whenever they want however long they want, as long as they can get their work accomplished. I also see that the news paper competes with the news stations. It's who gets there first that counts. A good way they catch stories is listening to a police scanner that sits in the newsroom with the reporters. Four weeks of internship down. So far, so groovy. =P

4. Ask your mentor about the company's policy on drug/substance abuse. What happens if someone is suspected of violating the policy?

B. coming soon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home