Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Week of 10/23

A. This week at the News Herald I worked more on and finished my second project with the dress code policy for Bay County students. I found how hard it is to get in contact with anybody from the schools. I added another entry to my blog on Rutherford's homecoming last week. I have also been working on my next blog for the site. I've also learned that there is a sense of competition in the news room, but its always friendly! The guys here are funny, I say guys because that's all there is. Sometimes there is the one lady, but I only see her every other time I come in. lol
There's one thing I have a hard time remembering about internship--time sheets! We all have to have them but we have to get them from class. Hopefully I can do some major catching up this week because I really need to.


3. Ask your mentor about in-house training opportunities. Give some examples.

B. The News Herald doesn't really have any in-house training opportunities. They do have customer service training where reporters are sometimes sent to regional workshops. There they learn skills and techiniques with writing and editing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home