Tuesday, October 17, 2006

~Brainstorming~

Just a little bit of typing I did on my first day of internship


When my class had to start thinking about where we all wanted to intern, I actually had interests in the medical field so I wanted to try and intern somewhere at the hospital. However, I had the oppurtunity to interview with somebody from the News Herald. I landed the internship and couldn’t wait to see what it was like. I’ve already experienced television production, but now I get to see how our newspaper comes together and the kind of people that produce it.

From this internship at The News Herald, I hope to gain experience on this side of communications and just to get the feel of an actual newsroom. I don’t really write much so with the writing skills I do have, this would be a good way to improve them from writing stories to brainstorming for a new layout of a site. I would like to accomplish maybe actually have something I write published or contributing to the website and hopefully be a help. Interning at The News Herald would definitely expand my horizons. By this I mean, even though I want to pursue physical therapy, I’ve taken up on learning about computers, working around television production, and now getting to inern at The News Herald. Real talk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home